Customer Service Department
Create a Customer Service Department for a New Division of a Large Insurance Carrier
A large well established insurance company purchased a small information technology company, allowing for a new revenue stream while increasing company size from 40 employees to 290 over a 16 month period and increasing case management by more than 200%. This resulted in tripling the current client base which in turn demanded a variety of positions be created and added as needed. In addition, the specifics of talent needed changed often and are not easily predicted.
Utilizing the company’s expected growth patterns as a cornerstone, created a recruiting infrastructure that is easily adaptable to change. This infrastructure must allow for varying business scenarios and the courses of action must be monitored, directed and redirected as the business progresses. In addition our experience dictated that similar fast growth situations result in the talent pool often driving the company direction.
Action Plan and Processing:
- Assure that we are in tune with company’s weekly activities of growth including revenues, new customers attained, lost business, etc. in order to change recruiting focus as needed.
- Position the company as the regional premier employer of insurance talent.
- Source the best local talent and keep them in a pipeline to make offers as the need arises.
- Proactively recommend the hiring of candidates whose skill is sorely needed but is not necessarily part of the company’s predicted hires.
- Provide skilled and unskilled temporary employees as well as temp-to-hire candidates as needed.