An Established Telecommunications Company Adding a New Business Segment of Business Must Triple the Size of National Outside Sales Force
A well-established telecommunications company is adding a new business segment product line to its suite of in-home services. Until recently there has been little or no competition for market share in most regions. Now, competition is becoming fierce as multiple suppliers are entering markets around the country.
Simultaneously, most locations will be tripling their call center size and adding new technical engineering centers. Human resources departments are taxed with the mandate for increased headcount, which must be completed quickly in order to meet the company’s new objectives and secure market share.
Outside sales agents are projected to produce a significant amount of new business representing a large portion of overall new market revenue. The company will need to triple its current sales agent’s numbers within a one-year period to secure the project’s intentions. Most markets have historically hired one new outside sales representative per month. A new sales position is created to serve the needs of the new product. How can the company quickly source these new candidates in order to meet the projected goals and quotas?
The Company must have a dedicated and organized team focused specifically on the new position. A nationwide recruitment effort must be created but it must be easily adaptable to the critical nuances of its individual markets. Since sales sourcing requires a large pool of first contacts, processing candidates will be just as important as recruiting efforts. Real-time reporting and measuring will be critical as the need to stay on the edge of the recruiting will dictate focus and re-focus of energies and recruiting dollars.
Action Plan and Processing:
- Keep the process simple and quick since sales candidates typically are more likely to have multiple offers available.
- Create a recruiting campaign and customize it as needed for individual markets.
- Since the People Science team will work from one central location, site visit regularly to assure a full understanding of each area specific characteristics.
- Gain trust of hiring officials and human resources in 26 markets.
- Assure screening process is compliant in all states.
- Track performance and conduct weekly phone meetings for each individual market.
- Increased average hires per month by 400%
- Reduced cost per hire 49%
- Reduced new employee first year turnover to 12%
- Increased candidate experience substantially
- Real-time candidate processing has provided competitive recruiting and marketing information
- Human Resource teams are able to dedicate their time towards more strategic work
What do you think? If you have any questions or comments, please reach out, we would be happy to discuss!
Looking to expand your recruiting tools? Check out Hire-Gate! Hire-Gate has an impressive set of tools to make everyday recruiter life easier!