Rapidly Growing VoIP Company Hire 1100 New Call Center Employees and Reduce Turnover Rates
Newly relocated VoIP company is adding subscribers at the rate of 160,000 per month. The company called for the establishment of a state-of-the-art Call Center hub comprised of 1,800 employees both technical and non-technical. This hub will act as the role model and last resolve station for more than 2,500 offshore call center seats. The Company is targeted to present its IPO within 5 months of our contract start. The Company has contracted the staffing of this call center to two different large HRO consulting organizations. The result has been 430 hires and a turnover rate of more than 78%. Most management is skeptical of talent availability and has little faith in any recruiting process. The Company expects within one year to hire 1100 call center employees and reduce turnover to 30%.
A complete recruiting infrastructure must be created that is flexible to changing needs yet provides continuity for hiring protocols. Management must be actively involved in the creation of job specifications and educated on the important connection of pre-employment activities and retaining critical talent. In order to meet objectives, every process must be accelerated to accommodate the urgent need of hiring on average 200 employees per month.
Action Plan and Processes:
Work closely with management to assist in creating the profile of the New Call Center, its employees, objectives and mission.
• Operate entire project from creation of positions to final offers.
• Create job descriptions, core competencies, screening processes, interview procedures, employment offers and decline of offers.
• Establish Company’s Recruiting Identity and create a full scale recruiting campaign.
• Establish measures for hiring predictions including fall out rates expected.
• Gain the trust of Training department and floor management.
• Meet weekly with key contacts.
• Provide recommendations to management regarding adjustments needed to account for “new employees” and company view of the new call center representative.