Interviewing is one of the hardest parts of searching for a new career. Here are a few tips to interview well:
- Research the company and job description- really think about why you want to work there and also why you are a good fit for the position
- Bring a notebook as well as a few copies of your resume, take notes on important concepts during the interview
- Prepare a list of well thought out follow-up questions- you can ask about important news going on at the company, company culture, day to day job details, how the position fits into the team. Really think about who the interview is with before writing questions, what can you learn from them?
- Stay positive and be honest- it may seem hard but try not to stress too much. There will be other opportunities out there.
- Write a strong follow-up email- think about important highlights of the interview, reiterate why you would like to work there, and why you are a strong candidate for the position.
With preparation, being true to yourself, and proper follow-up, you can get through any interview!
By Melissa Steele | People Science Talent Advisor I