It is easy to dread meetings. A whole hour away from work when so many other tasks could be accomplished during that time period? Why would you want that?
Thinking about it from a different perspective, there are many important goals a meeting accomplishes:
- Opinions can be shared more easily and different opinions are recognized.
- The team can work together to solve a conflict.
- News can be shared in a more effective manner.
- Team unity and trust can be built more easily.
- Creative solutions can be created by sharing different perspectives.
So the next time a meeting is scheduled, try to think about all the benefits instead of the hour removed from the day!
By Melissa Steele | People Science Talent Advisor I